For me, there has always been one thing in my life I've refused to give up - reading. Whether it's perusing an issue of Parents, reading Anna Karenina for the fourteenth time or catching up with one of my favorite blogs, reading is the only thing other than my child that I'll lose sleep over.
So seriously, in case you fellow bloggers out there didn't know, I love the hell out of you guys. Even if you fill your space recounting the seemingly mundane events of your day, providing me the five minute distraction from whatever task I'm avoiding is more appreciated than you'll ever know.
And because Blessed Vegan Life, one of the bloggers I follow regularly, was kind enough to pass on the "One Lovely Blogger" award to me, I'll play by the rules and continue to show some love.
The rules are pretty simple. All you have to do is let the rest of the blogging community know the what blogger nominated you (and link to them if you're super awesome), then list seven fabulous facts about yourself that your readers probably don't know.
After you've bared your soul, nominate anywhere from five to 15 of the bloggers you seriously dig for the award and let them know you've got their back.
So here goes, the seven things you probably don't know about me (and maybe didn't want to!)
- I am a total sleeper creeper. I love my family so much and I seem to think they're the most adorable when they're fast asleep ... so I like to take pictures of them snoozing. I assure you that this is a habit I reserve solely for my family members and close friends, just in case you're afraid you're going to find me creeping around your house. I can't help it, Pearyn is seriously so darn precious when she's still.
- I refuse to take part in early voting. Call me silly, but there's nothing like the voting rush you get from being at the polls with all the other crazies on election day. I don't care if I spend my lunch hour waiting to fill out a ballot, it's tradition and it's one I'm sticking to.
- I originally went to college to study chemistry. However after taking what would be my last literature class ever, I got all sorts of sad and made the switch from science to English. The rest is history, well by that I mean I graduated with a degree in English.
- I have the world's biggest girl crush on Zooey Deschanel. I don't think this needs much explanation.
- I have legitimately read Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina 13 times. I love it even more every time I read it.
- My best, best, best, closest, seriously soul-mate material from college and I established our friendship in college while she braided my hair and told me about the first time she had sex. To this day, she is one of a handful of people that I feel like I really, genuinely NEED.
- I can pitch a softball 64 mph - and my aim is impeccable.
Now, to pass the love on, I've selected five of the blogs from my list that I think should cough up some deep dark secrets!
- Bite me, I'm vegan (you'll love the sass AND recipes this blogger cooks up)
- OMGosh I'm Vegan (you should SEE what this gal can do with jackfruit!)
- Umegoodness (who is currently going through vegan pregnancy with me!)
- Leolin at Beauty Shouldn't Hurt (who I need to read more of!)
- Adorkable Aimee (because I'm green with envy when it comes to her creativity!)